ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Has diabetes diagnosed by one of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) criteria.
2. Has body mass index (BMI) ≥85th percentile at screening OR participant has a history of being overweight or obese at time of diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).
3. T2DM for ≥2 years, OR T2DM for <2 years and a fasting C-peptide value >0.6 ng/mL at Screening.
4. On stable metformin monotherapy (≥1500 mg/day, for ≥8 weeks prior to Screening, OR on a stable metformin dose (≥1500 mg/day, for ≥8 weeks prior to Screening and a stable dose of insulin for ≥8 weeks prior to Screening.
5. Contraceptive use by male participants should be consistent with local regulations regarding the methods of contraception for those participating in clinical studies.
6. Is a non-sterilized female who is currently not sexually active OR who agrees to abstain from heterosexual activity OR who agrees to start contraception prior to initiating sexual activity and who agrees to use an adequate method of contraception. Contraceptive use by females should be consistent with local regulations regarding the methods of contraception for those participating in clinical studies.
7. Have a family member or adult who, along with the participant, will be closely involved in the participant's daily activities (in the opinion of the investigator) and in the participant's treatment and study procedures.
1. Has known type 1 diabetes mellitus or documented evidence of positive diabetes
autoantibodies performed when participant was diagnosed with diabetes.
2. Has known monogenic diabetes, or secondary diabetes.
3. Has symptomatic hyperglycemia and/or moderate to large ketonuria requiring immediate
initiation of another antihyperglycemic agent, including insulin.
4. Has a known hypersensitivity or intolerance to any sodium glucose co-transporter 2
5. Is pregnant, or breast feeding or is expecting to conceive or donate eggs during the
study, including 14 days following the last dose of study medication.
6. Has previously taken an SGLT2 inhibitor (such as canagliflozin, dapagliflozin,
empagliflozin, or ertugliflozin) or was enrolled in a study for these agents.
7. Has a history of idiopathic acute pancreatitis or chronic pancreatitis.
8. Has a history of severe hypoglycemia while on insulin.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Hachioji, Tokyo