ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Written informed consent and HIPAA authorization for release of personal health information. NOTE: HIPAA authorization may be included in the informed consent or obtained separately.
- Ages 18 to 75 years at the time of consent.
- ECOG Performance Status of 0-2 within 7 days prior to registration.
- Patients must have AML, as defined,28 that is relapsed or refractory. Prior therapy including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, biological or targeted therapy (e.g. FMS-like tyrosine kinase-3 (FLT3) inhibitors, other kinase inhibitors, azacitidine, ATRA) is allowed.
- CD33 expression by flow cytometry, assessed as CD33 expression in at least 20% of the leukemia blasts per local pathologist.29
- Prior cancer treatment must be completed at least 21 days prior to registration and the subject must have recovered from all reversible acute toxic effects of the regimen (other than alopecia) to ≤Grade 1 or baseline.
- Demonstrate adequate organ function as defined in the protocol.
- Females of childbearing potential must have a negative serum pregnancy test within 7 days prior to registration. NOTE: Females are considered of child bearing potential unless they are surgically sterile (have undergone a hysterectomy, bilateral tubal ligation, or bilateral oophorectomy) or they are naturally postmenopausal for at least 12 consecutive months
- Females of childbearing potential and males must be willing to use effective contraception during treatment and for at least 30 days after the last dose of Venetoclax. Females will be advised to use effective contraception for at least 6 months after the last dose of Gemtuzumab and males for at least 3 months after the last dose of Gemtuzumab.
- As determined by the enrolling physician or protocol designee, ability of the subject to understand and comply with study procedures for the entire length of the study
- Patients with history of prior use of GO or Venetoclax
- History of myeloproliferative neoplasm [MPN] including myelofibrosis, essential
thrombocythemia, polycythemia vera, CML with or without BCR-ABL1 translocation, and
AML with BCR-ABL1 translocation.
- More than two lines of prior therapy.
- WBC >25 × 109/L. Cytoreduction is required (hydroxyurea as per local standard of
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia.
- Unresolved ≥grade 2 clinically significant nonhematologic toxicities from prior
anticancer therapy or unresolved disseminated intravascular coagulation ≥ grade 2 per
CTCAE v5 criteria.
- History of other malignancies within 1 year prior to study entry, with the exception
of: adequately treated in situ carcinoma of the cervix uteri or carcinoma in situ of
breast; basal cell carcinoma of the skin or localized squamous cell carcinoma of the
skin; previous malignancy confined and surgically resected (or treated with other
modalities), with curative intent.
- Investigational drug within 4 weeks of study entry.
- History of CHF requiring treatment, left ventricular ejection fraction ≤ 50%, cardiac
insufficiency grade III or IV per New York Heart Association classification (NYHA), or
chronic stable angina.
- Patients who are HIV positive.
- Known CNS involvement with AML.
- Previous hematopoietic stem cell transplant within 2 months.
- Previous history of veno-occlusive disease/sinusoidal obstruction syndrome.
- Patients who are positive for hepatitis B or C infection with the exception of those
with an undetectable viral load within 3 months. Subjects with serologic evidence of
prior vaccination to HBV [i.e., HBs Ag-, and anti-HBs+] may participate.
- Active uncontrolled infection or severe systemic infection. Enrollment is possible
after control of infection, at discretion of the treating physician.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding (NOTE: breast milk cannot be stored for future use while the
mother is being treated on study).
- Patients who have received strong and/or moderate CYP3A inducers or inhibitors within
7 days prior to the initiation of study treatment. (See Appendix III)
- Patients who have consumed grapefruit, grapefruit products, Seville oranges (including
marmalade containing Seville oranges) or Starfruit within 3 days prior to the
initiation of study treatment.
- Malabsorption syndrome or other condition that precludes enteral route of
- Psychological, familial, sociological, or geographical condition that would preclude
study compliance and follow-up.
- Unable or unwilling to undergo a screening bone marrow study.
- Other severe acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition, or laboratory
abnormality that may increase the risk associated with study participation or
investigational product administration or may interfere with the interpretation of
study results and, in the judgment of the investigator, would make the patient
inappropriate for enrollment in this study.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York
- München, Bayern
- Essen, NRW
- Frankfurt am Main,
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Omaha, Nebraska
- Chicago, Illinois
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Hershey, Pennsylvania