ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Healthy Chinese male subjects who, at the time of screening, are between the ages of 21 55 years of age, inclusive. Healthy is defined as no clinically relevant abnormalities identified by a detailed medical history, full physical examination, including blood pressure (BP) and pulse rate (PR) measurement, 12 lead electrocardiogram (ECG), or clinical laboratory tests.
2. Subjects must have adequate organ function (excluding subjects who received blood transfusions) according to the following laboratory values: bone marrow function (absolute neutrophil count (ANC) >=1,500/mm3 and platelet count of 100,000/mm3), adequate liver function (alanine aminotransferase (ALT) <=3 times upper limit normal and alkaline phosphatase <= 2 times upper limit normal, total bilirubin <= 1.5 mg/dl), and adequate renal function (blood urea nitrogen (BUN)/urea <=1.5 times institutional normal and Creatinine <1.5 mg/dl) upon study entry.
3. Body Mass Index (BMI) of 18 to 28 kg/m2; and a total body weight >50 kg (110 lbs).
4. Evidence of a personally signed and dated informed consent document indicating that the subject has been informed of all pertinent aspects of the study.
5. Subjects who are willing and able to comply with scheduled visits, treatment plan, laboratory tests, and other study procedures.
1. Evidence or history of clinically significant hematological, renal, endocrine,
pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, psychiatric, neurological, or
allergic disease (including drug allergies, but excluding untreated, asymptomatic,
seasonal allergies at time of dosing).
2. Evidence or history of heart failure, arterial or venous thromboembolism, bleeding
diathesis, acquired coagulopathy or coagulopathy factor abnormality with international
normalized ratio (INR) of >=1.5, or history of gross hemorrhage within the past 6
months prior to Screening (eg, hemoptysis or hematuria requiring medical
3. Evidence or history of relevant and clinically significant intra abdominal
inflammation, gastrointestinal perforation or gall bladder perforation.
4. Major surgery or elective surgery within 3 months before or after administration of
study treatment. At least 28 days should elapse from the time of minor surgical
procedure, including placement of an access device and dental procedures.
5. Wounds that have not completely healed, active ulcer(s), or bone fracture(s).
6. Previous history of cancer, except for adequately treated basal cell or squamous cell
carcinoma of the skin.
7. Screening supine BP >= 140 mm Hg (systolic) or >= 90 mm Hg (diastolic) on a single
measurement (confirmed by a single repeat, if necessary) following at least 5 minutes
of rest. If BP is >= 140 mm Hg (systolic) or >= 90 mm Hg (diastolic), the BP should be
repeated 2 more times and the average of the 3 BP values should be used to determine
the subject's eligibility.
8. Clinically significant abnormalities in laboratory test results.
9. Screening supine 12 lead ECG demonstrating a corrected QT (QTc) interval >450 msec or
a QRS interval >120 msec. If QTc exceeds 450 msec, or QRS exceeds 120 msec, the ECG
should be repeated 2 more times and the average of the 3 QTc or QRS values should be
used to determine the subject's eligibility.
10. Fertile male subjects who are unwilling or unable to use highly effective methods of
contraception as outlined in this protocol (refer to Section 4.4.4) for 71 days
following study drug administration.
11. A positive urine drug test.
12. History of febrile illness within 5 days prior to dosing.
13. Current use of tobacco or nicotine containing products in excess of the equivalent of
5 cigarettes per day.
14. History of regular alcohol consumption exceeding 14 drinks/week (1 drink = 5 ounces
[150 mL] of wine or 12 ounces [360 mL] of beer or 1.5 ounces [45 mL] of hard liquor)
within 6 months of Screening.
15. History of serious allergic or anaphylactic reaction to a therapeutic drug.
16. Treatment with an investigational drug within 30 days (or as determined by the local
requirement) or 5 half lives preceding the first dose of investigational product
(whichever is longer).
17. Use of prescription or nonprescription drugs and dietary supplements within 7 days or
5 half lives (whichever is longer) prior to the first dose of investigational product.
Use of anti platelet therapy eg, non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is
excluded. Herbal supplements must be discontinued 28 days prior to the first dose of
investigational product. As an exception, acetaminophen/paracetamol may be used at
doses of <=1 g/day. Limited use of non prescription medications that are not believed
to affect subject safety or the overall results of the study may be permitted on a
case by case basis, following approval by the sponsor.
18. Blood donation (excluding plasma donations) of approximately 1 pint (500 mL) or more
within 60 days prior to dosing.
19. History of sensitivity to heparin or heparin induced thrombocytopenia.
20. Unwilling or unable to comply with the criteria in the Lifestyle Requirements section
of this protocol.
21. History of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), hepatitis B, or hepatitis C; positive
testing for HIV, hepatitis B surface antigen (HepBsAg), hepatitis B core antibody
(HepBcAb), or hepatitis C antibody (HCVAb).
22. Subjects who are investigator site staff members directly involved in the conduct of
the study and their family members, site staff members otherwise supervised by the
investigator, or subjects who are Pfizer employees, including their family members,
directly involved in the conduct of the study.
23. Other acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition including recent (within the
past year) or active suicidal ideation or behavior or laboratory abnormality that may
increase the risk associated with study participation or investigational product
administration or may interfere with the interpretation of study results and, in the
judgment of the investigator, would make the subject inappropriate for entry into this
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Miami, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- Chicago, Illinois
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Durham, North Carolina
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Portland, Oregon
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Nashville, Tennessee
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Col. Arenal Tepepan, Mexico D.F.