ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Adult patient's ≥18 years old with moderately to severely active Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) (ACR/EULAR criteria )
- Previously untreated with Janus Kinase (JAK) inhibitors
- With an indication for tofacitinib will be eligible.
- All patients will have to be treated with tofacitinib either alone or with methotrexate. -Healthy volunteers should be ≥18 years old.
- • treatment with more than three anti-Tumor Necrosis Factor alpha (TNFα). Patients who
were receiving anti-TNFα will be required a washout period lasting at least
five-half-lives before to start tofacitinib,
- previously exposed to JAK inhibitors,
- patients who were receiving non-anti-TNFα biologics (abatacept, tocilizumab,
sarilumab or rituximab) will be required a washout period lasting at least
five-half-lives before to start tofacitinib
- Concomitant methotrexate (MTX) will be permitted if started ≥3 months prior to
study start and at a stable dose (≤25 mg/week) for ≥4 weeks.
- history or discovery of an osteoporotic fracture AND/OR T-score≤-3 if ≥50 years
AND/OR Z-score ≤-3 if <50 years during the screening phase,
- current treatment with oral corticosteroids higher than 10 mg prednisone/day,
- pathologies or treatments that could affect the bone metabolism (breast cancer
with aromatase inhibitors, gastrointestinal malabsorption, stomach cancer,
primary hyperparathyroidism, uncontrolled hyperthyroidism…),
- weight> 160 kg,
- patients on restrictive diets or considering such a diet during the study period,
- patients with an intense exercise program or planning to benefit from it during
the study period,
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Birmingham, Alabama