ABOUT THIS STUDY
1. Subject is a male or female aged at least 2 years of age.
2. Subject has confirmed clinical diagnosis of active atopic dermatitis (AD) according to the Hanifin and Rajka criteria.
3. AD diagnosed at least 6 months prior to the screening visit and severity of disease has been stable for the past month.
4. Subject has a BSA covered with atopic dermatitis of at least 1% (excluding face, scalp, genitals, groin area) [face, genitals and groin will not for be used photos]
5. Subject has a global ISGA of mild (2) or moderate (3) at the baseline visit.
6. Subject must be willing to avoid excessive exposure to natural or artificial ultraviolet radiation.
7. Women of childbearing potential who are heterosexually active must practice a highly effective method of birth control such as an oral, injected or implanted hormonal methods of contraception, intrauterine device (IUD), spermicidal condom, male partner sterilization (the vasectomized partner should be the sole partner for that subject) or true abstinence. If a female subject's childbearing potential changes after start of the study (e.g., a woman who is not heterosexually active becomes active, a premenarchal woman experiences menarche), she must begin practicing a highly effective method of birth control, as described above.
8. Women of childbearing potential must have a negative pregnancy test at the baseline visit.
9. Willingness to participate in medical photography with end use by Pfizer for publication and medical education purposes
10. Subject and/or parent/ legal guardian has voluntarily signed and dated an informed consent form and assent form, if applicable, approved by Partners Institutional Review Board (IRB) indicating that he or she understands the purpose of and procedures required for the study and is willing to participate in the study (including photography consent).
1. Clinically significant medical disorder, condition, or disease including other
dermatologic conditions that may interfere with study assessments and photographs.
2. Recent psychiatric condition (within the past year) or active suicidal ideation or
3. Unstable AD (not having stable severity over the past month).
4. Significant active infection requiring systemic antibiotics.
5. Treatment with topical corticosteroids or topical calcineurin inhibitors within 2
weeks of the baseline visit.
6. Having used any of the following treatments within 4 weeks before the baseline visit,
or any condition that, in the opinion of the investigator, is likely to require
immunosuppressive/immunomodulating drugs (e.g., systemic corticosteroids,
cyclosporine, mycophenolate-mofetil, interferon gamma, Janus kinase inhibitors,
azathioprine, methotrexate, etc.) during the study.
7. Treatment with biologics within 5 half-lives (if known) or 16 weeks before the
baseline visit, whichever is longer.
8. Subject with any planned surgical or medical procedure that would overlap with study
participation from screening through end of study
9. Currently has a malignancy or has a history of malignancy within 5 years before
screening (except for a nonmelanoma skin cancer that has been adequately treated).
10. Is pregnant, nursing, or planning a pregnancy (women).
11. Previous failure of efficacy following crisaborole use.
12. History of angioedema or anaphylaxis to topical products.
13. Known allergies, hypersensitivity, or intolerance to crisaborole or its components.
14. Participation in another clinical research study with an investigational drug within 4
weeks before randomization in this study
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Anaheim, California
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Lancaster, California
- Long Beach, California
- San Diego, California
- Farmington, Connecticut
- Delray Beach, Florida
- Hollywood, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- Sarasota, Florida
- Sunrise, Florida
- West Dundee, Illinois
- Evansville, Indiana
- Evansville, Indiana
- Lexington, Kentucky
- Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Bexley, Ohio
- Norman, Oklahoma
- Rapid City, South Dakota
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas
- Morgantown, West Virginia
- Calgary, Alberta
- Markham, Ontario
- Peterborough, Ontario
- Chicago, Illinois
- Charleston, South Carolina