ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Patients with a diagnosis of AF considered according to the following diagnoses as per the 10th revision of the International classification of diseases (ICD-10) I48 codes at some point before or on the index date, without recorded valvular disease;
- Patients who have started treatment with apixaban, dabigatran, rivaroxaban and warfarin for the first time during the identification period, understanding as start of drug delivery by insurer, and after the diagnosis of AF between January 1, 2013 to June 30, 2018;
- Patients starting apixaban, dabigatran, rivaroxaban from January 1, 2013 to June 30, 2018 in patients previously exposed to warfarin;
- Patient had continuous health plan enrolment for 6 months pre-index date (baseline period);
- Patients older than 18 years old on the index date;
- NVAF diagnosis before or on the index date.
- Patients with any of the following diagnoses prior to the use of the treatments of
interest or index date:
- Valvular heart disease or valve replacement - ICD-10 codes: I05, I06, I07, I08,
I09, I21, I22, I34, I35, I36, I37, I38, I39, I700, I702-I709; Q22, Q23, Q25, T82,
- Pregnancy during the study period. ICD-10 O00-O9A
- Diagnosis of venous thromboembolism (VTE) - ICD-10 codes: I26, I80 - I82;
- Individuals with a transitory diagnosis of NVAF prior to the use of the treatments of
interest or index date;
- Exposure to more than one OAC on or after the index date, during the follow-up period;
- NOAC doses different from those recommended by the manufacturing laboratories.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- Rochester, Minnesota
- Minato-ku, Tokyo
- Calgary, Alberta