- Documented diagnosis of stage III or advanced metastatic stage IV NSCLC.
- Cachexia, defined by BMI 2% within 6 months
prior to screening or Involuntary weight loss of >5% within 6 months prior to
screening irrespective of BMI or If medical record documentation is unavailable,
patient's report will suffice to estimate involuntary body weight loss.;
- Will receive platinum-based therapy with a platin + pemetrexed ± pembrolizumab or
platin + nab paclitaxel
± pembrolizumab as first or second line therapy; and at the first cycle of platinum
- Adequate renal and liver function.
- Signed informed consent.
- Other forms of lung cancer
- Cachexia caused by other reasons: Severe COPD requiring use of home O2, heart failure
- known symptomatic brain metastases requiring steroids.
- Active hepatitis B or C virus.
- Confirmed positive HIV test.
- Current active reversible causes of decreased food intake.
- Receiving tube feedings or parenteral nutrition at Screening.
- Elevated blood pressure that cannot be controlled by medications.
- Women who are pregnant or breast-feeding