ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Females between 45-60 years of age
- Able to communicate in English
- In perimenopause as defined by World Health Organization (WHO) STages of Reproductive Aging Workshop (STRAW) criteria, OR in early menopause (within 10 years of final menstrual period)
- Suffering from Depressive symptoms (16+ on CES-D) AND/OR anxiety symptoms (10+ on GAD-7)
- Personal history of breast/ ovarian/ endometrial cancer/ endometrial hyperplasia.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding that has not been adequately investigated.
- Active or past venous or arterial thromboembolic disease (deep vein thrombosis,
pulmonary embolism, stroke, myocardial infarction, coronary heart disease).
- Active liver disease.
- Known protein C, protein S, or antithrombin deficiency or other known thrombophilic
- Known or suspected pregnancy, women who may become pregnant, and nursing mothers
- Partial or complete loss of vision due to ophthalmic vascular disease.
- Uncontrolled hypertension (Systolic blood pressure >160mm Hg and/ or diastolic blood
pressure >95 mm Hg)
- Other endocrine disease that may adversely affect mood: uncontrolled thyroid disease,
Cushing's disease, Addison's disease, hyperparathyroidism. For women with abnormal
thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), it will be corrected in advance of trial
- Active serious suicidal ideation with intent.
- Regular treatment with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor or
serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor within 2 months before screening visit
- Use of other psychoactive or centrally acting medications within 2 weeks before study
- Known hypersensitivity to either CE or BZA.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.