ABOUT THIS STUDY
- Obese or severely obese.
- Initiated an OAC from July 1, 2013 - December 31, 2017; the first DOAC pharmacy claim date during the identification period will be designated as the index date. The first warfarin prescription date will be designated as the index date for patients without any DOAC claim.
- Individuals ≥18 years old as of the index date.
- Had 6 months continuous health plan enrollment with medical benefits (Parts A & B) for at least 6 months pre-index date (baseline period).
- At least 1 diagnosis of AF prior to or on index date, identified by any medical claim associated with an International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) code of 427.31 or International Classification of Diseases, Tenth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-10-CM) code of I480-I482, and I4891.
- Had body weight or BMI value reported within ±6 months of the index date.
- Had medical claims indicating a diagnosis or procedure of rheumatic mitral valvular
heart disease, heart valve replacement/transplant, venous thromboembolism, or
transient AF 6 months prior to or on the index date.
- Had hip/knee replacement surgery within 6 weeks prior to or on the index date.
- Were pregnant during the study period.
- Had an OAC prescription during the 6 months pre-index date.
- Had follow-up time equal to 0 days.
- Had more than one OAC on the index date.
TRY A NEW SEARCH
Search for Clinical Trials by condition, keyword or trial number. Share your location or enter your city or zip code to find studies near you.
Based on your search, you may also be interested in
- New York, New York