Key Performance Indicators
Access to Medicines
Global programs and commercial transactions to increase access to medicines in emerging markets1,2
Top 21 global burdens of disease addressed by products and pipeline3
- We currently have 285 active programs for launched medicines in markets.
- This covers 53 countries.
- Of these, 16 programs cover multiple therapies while the rest are product specific.
- In total, these cover 104 different products in our portfolio.
- Program/commercial transaction defined as a Pfizer investment or dedicated contract of over $250,000 with a national government or procurement agency, multilateral organization, non-governmental organization, private institution or aid agency. Represents multi-country initiatives only and does not include numerous local initiatives to address access.
- Pfizer Foundation programs represent aggregate investment in program areas with several NGO partners.
- As defined by the World Health Organization. Burdens of illness not addressed include unintentional injuries, transport injuries, malaria & neglected tropical diseases, self-harm, and interpersonal violence.
- The number of patient access programs with pricing tailored to different patient segments (for at least one product), allowing access for more patients.
- Total Revenue (PIH+PEH)
- Alliance Revenue & Direct Sales
- Outside U.S. and Canada
Injuries Per 100 Colleagues
Total injury rate in 2018 was 24% lower than in 2017
Progress on Our 2020 Environmental Sustainability Goals2
Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Total scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions
In million metric tons CO2EQ
GHG emissions in 2018 were 1.8% higher than in 2017
Total hazardous and non-hazardous waste in thousand metric tons
Total waste disposed in 2018 was 3% lower than in 2017
Excluding non-contact cooling water in million cubic meters
Total water withdrawal (excluding non-contact cooling water) in 2018 5% higher than in 2017