Pfizer Supplier Diversity Program
Make Us Who We Are - We believe that collectively across our colleague population, our individual experiences allow us to better meet the needs of our patients and make the world a healthier place.
We celebrate the array of unique qualities, perspectives, and life experiences, which define us as individuals. And this includes our visible differences such as gender, age, ethnicity, or physical appearance, as well as other characteristics including work styles, sexual orientation, religious, or national identity and education.
These traits combine to create a vibrant community and supportive culture that allows our people, regardless of where they work in the world, to feel valued, involved, supported and respected. And while we celebrate the differences that create the mosaic culture of Pfizer, it is diversity of thought that we value most.
We believe these same principles apply to the supplier base that supports our business. As such, we are committed to building and sustaining relationships with minority- and women-owned businesses.
About the Program
Our Global Procurement administers our Supplier Diversity Program, and our intent is to give qualified diverse suppliers an opportunity to compete for our business every day and everywhere possible.
Supplier Diversity is embedded in our operations:
- We participate actively in external organizations and trade events, which promote opportunities to connect buyers with diverse suppliers
- We have provided more than $150,000 in scholarships for diverse businesses to attend various leadership training and mentorship programs
- We spend more than $500 million annually with over 2500 diverse businesses in the United States, and are always expanding our program to other parts of the world
- We have dedicated resources within our Global Procurement organization focused exclusively on identifying new diverse suppliers and managing existing supplier relationships
We Support Supplier Development Programs
- Tucks Minority Business Education Program at Dartmouth
- Kellogg Advance Management Education Program
- Centers of Excellence—National Minority Supplier Development Council • ISM Supplier Diversity Pharmaceutical Forum—Mentorship Program
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce Mentorship Program
- Diversity Alliance for Science (DA4S) Mentorship Program
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Student Mentorship Program
We are deeply committed to our efforts. And luckily, our efforts have paid off. We have been awarded with the following:
- Million Dollar Club—US Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Done Deals Winner—Women Presidents’ Educational Organization (WPEO) • Corporation of the Year – WPEO
- Corporation of the Year—DA4S • Outstanding Corporation—WPEO
- Done Deals Winner—Women’s Business Enterprise Council
- Top Corporations for Women-Owned Businesses—WBENC
- Corporation of the Year—Puerto Rico Minority Supplier Development Councils
- Div50 List—Top 50 Corporations for Minority Businesses Mentorship Programs
If you are interested in doing business with us, please send an email to [email protected].
Be sure to include an overview of your capabilities and appropriate contact information, and a member of the Pfizer Global Procurement Team will contact you.
In order to do business under our Supplier Diversity program, prospective suppliers must be certified as a Minority Business Enterprise, Woman-owned Business Enterprise, LGBT, or US federal government–categorized Small Businesses by one of the certifying organizations that we recognize.
These organizations are:
- National Minority Supplier Development Council at (212) 944-2430 or www.nmsdc.org
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council at (202) 872-5515 or www.wbenc.org
- WeConnect International at (202) 810-6004 or www.weconnectinternational.org
- U.S. Small Business Administration at (202) 606-4000 or www.sba.gov
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce at (202) 234-9181 or www.nglcc.org