WHY DID PFIZER CREATE THE PFIZER R&D ROTATIONAL PROGRAM?
This program is designed to enhance our talent pipeline of diverse R&D leaders. As part of Pfizer’s Bold Moves strategy, we strive to make Pfizer an amazing workplace for all and we are committed to increasing diversity by fostering a more inclusive workplace. We are committed to creating equal opportunities for promising science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) recent college graduates, with a focus on underrepresented minorities, to shape the future of science and healthcare.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY IF I AM NOT AN UNDERREPRESENTED MINORITY? WHAT OTHER OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE TO ME?
The goal of the Pfizer R&D Rotational Program is to grow Pfizer’s pipeline of R&D talent and support our commitment to equity among rising leaders of the African American/Black, Latino/Hispanic, refugee and Native American communities. For other career opportunities at Pfizer, we encourage you to visit the Pfizer career site to explore and apply for open positions that match your interests.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE PFIZER R&D ROTATIONAL PROGRAM APPLICANTS?
- Be a recent college graduate from an accredited college/university program with a bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Biology), Computer Science, or Data Science
- Have a 3.3 GPA or above
- No more than 2 years full-time continuous work experience after graduation
- Meet the program’s goals of increasing the pipeline for Black/African American, Latino/Hispanic, refugee and Native American communities
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership potential
- Willingness to work at a Pfizer site
- Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. Permanent Resident or authorized to work in the U.S. without the employer’s sponsorship
WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF THE PFIZER R&D ROTATIONAL PROGRAM?
Successful candidates will be immersed into the pharmaceutical R&D business and have the opportunity for four unique 6-month job rotations in diverse disciplines. This in-depth training and skills development program offers participants the opportunity to gain experience and insight into drug discovery and development from leading scientists, clinicians, statisticians, epidemiologists, and professionals, and to bridge from student to industry professional, or into an advanced-degree program. Each rotation will involve meaningful assignments and projects, mentorship and coaching, and collaborative interactions to develop business acumen and technical expertise and set participants on the path to a pharmaceutical career.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF EXPERIENCES THAT I COULD EXPECT IN THE PFIZER R&D ROTATIONAL PROGRAM?
Successful candidates will have the opportunity for laboratory and non-laboratory experiences that are dependent on their background and interest. Numerous opportunities are available for each 6-month rotation. Examples include:
- Assay development and analysis to discover new targets and pathways in disease areas
- Gene therapy and DNA and RNA vaccine development
- Mid- to late-stage clinical trial design and execution
- Artificial intelligence and digital medicine
- Project planning and regulatory operations
- Partnership with project teams working on early drug discovery to late-stage clinical trial work
WHEN CAN I APPLY FOR THE PFIZER R&D ROTATIONAL PROGRAM?
Students can apply to the Pfizer R&D Rotational Program as early as the fall semester of their senior year in college but should have no more than 2 years full-time continuous work experience after graduation.
WILL ASSOCIATES BE ABLE TO CHOOSE THEIR ROTATIONS?
Yes, we encourage students to review roles & responsibilities of the opportunities and apply for those that best fit their interest across several disciplines offered.
IS THERE FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY UPON COMPLETION OF THE PFIZER R&D ROTATIONAL PROGRAM?
The Pfizer R&D Rotational Program is a two-year commitment to provide promising college graduates valuable experience and exposure to different career paths in science. At Pfizer, we believe talent is our key to success. Given this enriched experience, we expect the Rotational colleagues might choose to explore continuing their career with Pfizer and potentially become future talent for leadership roles or entering an advanced-degree program.
IF I HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS WHO MAY I REACH OUT TO?
Please send an email with questions to [email protected].
IS THIS PROGRAM ONLY IN THE U.S., IS IT AVAILABLE IN ANOTHER COUNTRY?
Currently, the program is for roles based at our major U.S. Pfizer sites (La Jolla, California; Groton, Connecticut; Pearl River, NY; and Cambridge, Massachusetts), with possible opportunity for rotation in NYC.
HOW DOES THIS PROGRAM DIFFER FROM THE PFIZER BREAKTHROUGH FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM?
Pfizer’s Breakthrough Fellowship Program is a nine-year commitment to increase minority representation at Pfizer, designed to enhance our pipeline of diverse leaders. Students will be eligible to apply during their Junior year of college. Successful Fellows will participate in all five components of the program:
- An initial 10-week summer internship for rising undergraduate college seniors
- 2 years of full-time employment after Undergraduate graduation
- After 2 years, a fully paid scholarship to complete a full-time, 2-year MBA or MPH program
- Summer internship between the first and second years of the MBA / MPH program
- Return to Pfizer for employment post program graduation
CAN I BE CONSIDERED IF I AM ALREADY WORKING FOR PFIZER?
At this time, the Pfizer R&D Rotational program is designed for recent college graduates from a four-year undergraduate program, and with no more than 2 years full-time continuous work experience after graduation.