Press Release Archive
- In a Phase 3 trial, the vaccine was 100% effective and generally well tolerated in participants aged 12 to 15 years
- Data also submitted to European Medicines Agency (EMA)
NEW YORK & MAINZ, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced the initiation of a Biologics License Application (BLA) with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval of their mRNA vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older. Data to support the BLA will be submitted by the companies to the FDA on a rolling basis over the coming weeks, with a request for Priority Review.
NEW YORK & MAINZ, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc.
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) invites investors and the general public to listen to a webcast of a discussion with Charles Triano, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, at the 7th Annual Truist Securities 2021 Life Sciences Summit on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 1:50 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
Deal expands anti-infectives pipeline with addition of novel antifungal Phase 2 candidate, Fosmanogepix (APX001)
Opportunity to advance Pfizer’s expertise and deep heritage in infectious disease
Board of Directors approves quarterly cash dividend of $0.39 per share
- European Union exercises option under previous agreement to order 100 million additional doses of COMIRNATY®, bringing total doses to 600 million for 27 EU member states
- All doses expected to be delivered in 2021
NEW YORK and MAINZ, GERMANY, April 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced they will supply an additional 100 million doses of COMIRNATY®, the companies’ COVID-19 vaccine, to the 27 European Union (EU) member states in 202
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) announced today that shareholders and the general public are invited to access its virtual-only 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders at 9:00 a.m. EDT on Thursday, April 22, 2021.
- SERENE is a Phase 3 single-arm, open-label study evaluating the contraceptive efficacy of investigational relugolix combination tablet in sexually active, healthy women ages 18-35 years
- Contraceptive potential of relugolix combination tablet supported by prior Phase 1 study that demonstrated 100% ovulation inhibition
- Data would support a potential indication of pregnancy prevention for women treated with relugolix combination tablet, if approved
BASEL, Switzerland and NEW YORK
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) invites investors and the general public to access a live video webcast of a presentation and conference call with investment analysts at 10 a.m. EDT on Friday, April 9, 2021.
- Analysis of 927 confirmed symptomatic cases of COVID-19 demonstrates BNT162b2 is highly effective with 91.3% vaccine efficacy observed against COVID-19, measured seven days through up to six months after the second dose
- Vaccine was 100% effective in preventing seve
- In participants aged 12-15 years old, BNT162b2 demonstrated 100% efficacy and robust antibody responses, exceeding those reported in trial of vaccinated 16-25 year old participants in an earlier analysis, and was well tolerated
- The companies plan to submit these d
- New stability data show vaccine can be stored at -25°C to -15°C for a total of two weeks and support decentralized distribution plans for vaccination at general practitioners’ offices
- Label update offers greater flexibility for distributing, storing and administering the vaccine within the European Union
NEW YORK & INDIANAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) and Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) today announced the outcome of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Joint Arthritis Advisory Committee and Drug Safety and Risk Management Advisory Committee on tanezumab.
New York, March 24, 2021 — Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today announced the publication of complete results from the JADE COMPARE study of investigational oral, once-daily, Janus kinase 1 (JAK1) inhibitor, abrocitinib in The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM). The study evaluated the safety and efficacy of two doses of abrocitinib, 100mg and 200mg, versus placebo in adults with moderate to severe atopic dermatitis who were on background topical therapy.
First large-scale comparative effectiveness analysis of a CDK 4/6 inhibitor plus letrozole evaluating progression-free and overall survival versus letrozole alone
- 78.4% of women who continued on relugolix combination therapy remained responders (menstrual blood loss < 80 mL) through Week 76 compared with 15.1% of women who discontinued treatment at Week 52 (p < 0.0001)
- 69.8% of women who continued relugolix combination therapy remained responders through Week 104
- 88.3% of women who discontinued treatment relapsed with heavy menstrual bleeding, on average 5.9 weeks after discontinuation
- Myovant to host conference call and
- In-vitro studies conducted to date show that the clinical candidate PF-07321332 is a potent protease inhibitor with potent anti-viral activity against SARS-CoV-2
- This is the first orally administered coronavirus-specific investigational p
Note: These press releases were issued in the United States and are intended as reference information for U.S. investors and journalists. The information contained in each press release was accurate at the time of issuance, and Pfizer assumes no responsibility for updating the information to reflect subsequent developments.