Members of the Out Pfizer Employee Network (OPEN) share a commitment to making Pfizer a better place to work for everyone. This global community for Pfizer's lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender colleagues and their allies advocates for a more inclusive culture both inside and outside the company. Organizing volunteer activities, networking opportunities, educational events, and moments of community, OPEN aims to improve Pfizer's brand and help demonstrate the impact and value of diversity for our company.
OPEN’s Executive sponsor is Sally Susman.
In Our Own Words
Our colleague resource groups create an open, encouraging environment where everyone can be their authentic selves and everyone has a forum to use their voice. We asked members of the Out Pfizer Employee Network (OPEN) Colleague Resource Group “What is one word that you affiliate with the Out Pfizer Employee Network CRG and your community?” Here’s what they told us.
A Few Words About OPEN
“OPEN stands as a role model for how we can all live our lives authentically and thrive. They are a source of courage and strength for our LGBTQ+ colleague community and allies. They demonstrate how in truth we can find empathy. They bring joy and pride to the company and make Pfizer an inclusive workplace for everyone.”
– Ramcess Jean-Louis, Global Chief Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Officer
- International Transgender Day of Visibility, March 31
- Lesbian Visibility Day, April 26
- International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia, May 17
- LGBTQ+ Pride Month, June
- Stonewall Riots Anniversary, June 28
- Non-Binary Awareness Week, Week surrounding July 14
- Bisexual Awareness Week, Week of September 23
- LGBTQ+ History Month, October
- International Pronouns Day, Third Wednesday in October
- Asexual Awareness Week, Last full week in October
- National Coming Out Day, October 11
- Intersex Awareness Day, October 26
- Transgender Awareness Week, Second week of November
- Transgender Day of Remembrance, November 20
- World AIDS Day, December 1