Press Release Archive
- Trial demonstrates cumulative incidence of death or respiratory failure through day 28 was 18.1% (26 of 144) with tofacitinib compared to 29.0% (42 of 145) with placebo, in hospitalized patients with COVID-19 pneumonia
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) invites investors and the general public to view and listen to a webcast of a conference call with investment analysts at 10 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, July 28, 2021.
- First approval of a conjugate vaccine that helps protect against 20 serotypes responsible for the majority of invasive pneumococcal disease and pneumonia,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 including seven responsible for 40% of pneumococcal disease cases and deaths in the U.S.
NEW YORK and MAINZ, GERMANY, May 28, 2021 — Pfizer Inc.(NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced that the Conditional Marketing Authorization (CMA) for COMIRNATY® in the European Union (EU) has been expanded to include individuals 12 to 15 years of age. This follows the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP) positive opinion to authorize the vaccine in this age group.
- In the Phase 3 LIBERTY 1 and LIBERTY 2 studies, MYFEMBREE demonstrated 72.1% and 71.2% response rates in menstrual blood loss (MBL) at Week 24, with MBL reductions of 82.0% and 84.3% from baseline
- Myovant and Pfizer will jointly commercialize MYFEMBREE, with product availability expected in June
- Myovant to host conference call and webcast on Friday, May 28, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Time / 5:30 a.m. Pacific Time
BASEL, Switzerland and NEW YORK, May 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Myovant Sciences (NYSE: MYOV) and Pfizer Inc.
- New agreement to supply 900 million doses to the European Commission (EC), with option to request up to an additional 900 million doses
- Additional dose deliveries beginning December 2021 through 2023
- In a Phase 3 trial, the vaccine was 100% effective and generally well tolerated in participants aged 12 to 15 years
- Data also submitted to European Medicines Agency (EMA)
NEW YORK & MAINZ, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced the initiation of a Biologics License Application (BLA) with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval of their mRNA vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older. Data to support the BLA will be submitted by the companies to the FDA on a rolling basis over the coming weeks, with a request for Priority Review.
NEW YORK & MAINZ, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc.
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) invites investors and the general public to listen to a webcast of a discussion with Charles Triano, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations, at the 7th Annual Truist Securities 2021 Life Sciences Summit on Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 1:50 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
Deal expands anti-infectives pipeline with addition of novel antifungal Phase 2 candidate, Fosmanogepix (APX001)
Opportunity to advance Pfizer’s expertise and deep heritage in infectious disease
Board of Directors approves quarterly cash dividend of $0.39 per share
- European Union exercises option under previous agreement to order 100 million additional doses of COMIRNATY®, bringing total doses to 600 million for 27 EU member states
- All doses expected to be delivered in 2021
NEW YORK and MAINZ, GERMANY, April 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced they will supply an additional 100 million doses of COMIRNATY®, the companies’ COVID-19 vaccine, to the 27 European Union (EU) member states in 202
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) announced today that shareholders and the general public are invited to access its virtual-only 2021 Annual Meeting of Shareholders at 9:00 a.m. EDT on Thursday, April 22, 2021.
- SERENE is a Phase 3 single-arm, open-label study evaluating the contraceptive efficacy of investigational relugolix combination tablet in sexually active, healthy women ages 18-35 years
- Contraceptive potential of relugolix combination tablet supported by prior Phase 1 study that demonstrated 100% ovulation inhibition
- Data would support a potential indication of pregnancy prevention for women treated with relugolix combination tablet, if approved
BASEL, Switzerland and NEW YORK
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) invites investors and the general public to access a live video webcast of a presentation and conference call with investment analysts at 10 a.m. EDT on Friday, April 9, 2021.
Note: These press releases were issued in the United States and are intended as reference information for U.S. investors and journalists. The information contained in each press release was accurate at the time of issuance, and Pfizer assumes no responsibility for updating the information to reflect subsequent developments.