You are here
Pfizer Ventures (PV), the venture capital arm of Pfizer, Inc, was founded in 2004 and invests for return in areas of current or future strategic interest to Pfizer. PV seeks to remain at the forefront of life science advances, looking to identify and invest in emerging companies that are developing transformative medicines and technologies that have the potential to enhance Pfizer’s pipeline and shape the future of our industry.
Overview of Operations
With a $600M capital investment from Pfizer for private investments, PV invests in private companiesat all stages of development, with a strong focus on early stage opportunities. Other investments, including start-ups, spinouts and consortia opportunities, will also be considered. We actively work with our current portfolio companies throughout their growth cycles, contributing strategic guidance in addition to our capital and providing access to internal Pfizer expertise, whenever appropriate. While primarily U.S. focused, international investments may represent up to 20% of the portfolio. We have the ability to lead or join a syndicate of investors and will seek board representation commensurate with our investment.
- Primarily focused on potentially transformative therapeutics, with an emphasis on Pfizer's core therapeutic areas.
- Focus also includes neuroscience investments, following Pfizer's decision to continue advancing research in this critical area of unmet medical need through a venture capital strategy.
- Will also consider platform technologies, diagnostics, drug delivery, pharmaceutical services and other technologies that have the potential to transform drug discovery and development.
- Active investor, working with management to develop product strategy and build shareholder value.
- Bring Pfizer pedigree and perspective to our portfolio companies, providing the ability to utilize the network, expertise and resources of Pfizer for their benefit.
- Streamlined approval process for investment decisions.
- Potential for Pfizer business development relationship whenever appropriate.
|Influence in Development||