Breakthrough Fellowship Program
One of Pfizer’s Bold Moves is to create a workplace for all, and we are committed to increasing diversity by fostering a more inclusive workplace. To build this, Pfizer has launched a Breakthrough Fellowship Program – a nine-year commitment to increase minority representation at Pfizer, designed to enhance our pipeline of diverse leaders. The Breakthrough Fellowship Program, first-of-its-kind, works to advance students and early career colleagues of Black/African American, Latino/Hispanic and Native American descent with a goal of developing 100 fellows by 2025.
“As students receive mentoring and professional development, they also will have the opportunity to grow within the organization, which will lead to parity at all levels to create a vibrant culture where every colleague has the opportunity to succeed.”
Pfizer Chairman and CEO
Students will be eligible to apply during their Junior year of college. Successful Fellows will participate in all five components of the program:
- An initial 10-week summer internship for rising undergraduate college seniors
- 2 years of full-time employment after Undergraduate graduation
- After 2 years, a fully paid scholarship to complete a full-time, 2-year MBA, MPH or MS Statistics program
- Summer internship between the first and second years of the MBA / MPH or MS Statistics program
- Return to Pfizer for employment post program graduation
Applications for the 2023 Breakthrough Fellowship Program will open shortly end of Summer 2022/beginning Fall 2022.
- Must be immediately authorized to work in the U.S. without the employer’s sponsorship. Please note that Pfizer will not be able to provide visa or permanent residence sponsorship for this job or any derived full-time opportunity. Pfizer is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer.
- Be an undergraduate student enrolled in a full-time university program (an accredited college / university degree program at the time of award) and graduate December ‘23 or Spring 2024
- Committed interest & intent to pursue an MBA, MPH or MS Statistics program
- Apply to a Breakthrough Fellowship Intern opportunity via Pfizer.com/Careers search ‘Breakthrough’
- Have a 3.0 GPA or above
- Meet the program’s goals of increasing the pipeline for Black/African American, Latino/Hispanic and Native Americans.
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership potential
- Willingness to work in NYC or other Pfizer location as indicated by the job posting
Click here to download our FAQ list!
If you have any additional questions, reach out to [email protected] with your name and college information included.