Press Release Archive
NEW YORK, February 9, 2021 - Pfizer today announced a partnership with IDA Foundation, an independent social enterprise providing essential medicines to low-and middle-income countries, to provide equitable access to quality cancer treatments in almost 70 developing countries across Latin America, Asia, Africa and the Wester
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today announced that the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) recently issued a U.S. Patent Term Extension (PTE) certificate for IBRANCE® (palbociclib). The certificate extends the term of U.S. Patent No. RE47,739 (‘739) by more than four years until March 5, 2027.
- 84.8% and 73.3% of women reported clinically meaningful reductions in dysmenorrhea (menstrual pain) and non-menstrual pelvic pain at one year
- 82.8% average reduction from baseline on the Numerical Rating Scale for dysmenorrhea from 7.4 (severe pain) to 1.3 (mild pain) over one year
- Bone mineral density loss was minimal at Week 24 and remained stable through one year
- Data to be included in New Drug Application submission to U.S.
- BAVENCIO maintenance treatment significantly extended median overall survival versus standard of care in the Phase III JAVELIN Bladder 100 study
- First and only immunotherapy to demonstrate a significant overall survival benefit in the first-line setting in a Phase III trial
- BAVENCIO first-line maintenance therapy is recommended for use by the ESMO Bladder Cancer Guidelines
Rockland, MA and New York, US, January 25, 2021 – EMD Serono, the Healthcare business sector of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany in
- Initial agreement provides up to 40 million doses to COVAX in 2021
- First deliveries are expected to take place in Q1 2021 subject to the execution of supply agreements under the COVAX Facility structure
- For the COVAX Advanced Market Commit
New York and Mainz, Germany, January 20, 2021 — Today, Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTechSE (Nasdaq: BNTX) announced results f rom an in vitro study that provides additional data on the capability of sera from individuals immunized with the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine, BNT162b2, to neutralize the SARS-CoV-2 U.K. strain, also known as B.1.1.7 lineage or VOC 202012/01.
XALKORI is the first biomarker-driven therapy for relapsed or refractory ALCL in young people
First four investments of new program created to support clinical-stage biotechnology companies
New investments include companies focused on Oncology, Rare Disease, and Inflammation & Immunology
New York, NY and Mainz, Germany, January 8, 2021 — Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE (Nasdaq: BNTX) today announced results from an in vitro study conducted by Pfizer and the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) that shows the antibodies from people who have received the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine effectively neutralize SARS-CoV-2 with a key mutation that is also found in two highly transmissible strains.
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) today announced that the first participant has been dosed in the Phase 3 CIFFREO study, which will evaluate the efficacy and safety of investigational gene therapy candidate PF-06939926 in boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD).
NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) invites investors and the general public to listen to two webcasts of discussions with Pfizer leadership at the 39th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference to be held virtually.
- If approved, somatrogon will serve as a once-weekly treatment option –
NEW YORK & MIAMI--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE: PFE) and OPKO Health Inc. (NASDAQ: OPK) announced today that the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted for filing the initial Biologics License Application (BLA) for somatrogon, a long-acting human growth hormone that is intended to be administered once-weekly for the treatment of pediatric patients with growth hormone deficiency (GHD).
Note: These press releases were issued in the United States and are intended as reference information for U.S. investors and journalists. The information contained in each press release was accurate at the time of issuance, and Pfizer assumes no responsibility for updating the information to reflect subsequent developments.